Roasted Portobello Mushrooms with Beets & Goat Cheese
- Prep time:
- 17 min.
- Cook time:
- 15 min.
- Total time:
- 32 min.
- 4 Servings
- Ingredients (Paragraphs)
- 1 (16 oz.) jar Whole Pickled Beets
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms
- 0.25 tsp. salt
- 0.25 tsp. ground black pepper
- 0.5 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 0.25 cup green onions, sliced
- 0.25 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 0.5 cup goat cheese, crumbled
Preheat oven to 400oF. Drain beats, reserving liquid. Coarsely chop 1/2 cup beets. Trim stems flat and remove gills from mushroom caps using a spoon; discard. Place caps, rounded sides down, on foil-lined baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Combine chopped beets, bread crumbs, green onions and walnuts in medium bowl; mix well. Spoon mixture into caps and top with cheese. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until heated through and mushrooms are tender.