Please browse this list of our most common inquiries below. If you need additional assistance, please contact us here.
How can I find stores near me that carry your products?
Many of our products are also available online through Amazon and other retailers. You can also order some products like our chips directly from us through our online store.
Do your cans use BPA?
Over 94% of the cans we use are made without the intentional addition of BPA in the can lining. As a large can manufacturer, we have been leading this effort in the industry and intend to make that 100% by the end of 2018.
Do you use genetically modified organisms (GMOs) in your products?
Seneca Foods does not use produce (fruit, vegetables or legumes) that has been genetically modified. A number of our products are certified organic according to USDA federal guidelines and/or Non-GMO Project Verified in accordance with best practices for GMO avoidance. Some product formulations may include genetically engineered ingredients, such as oils, starches, and sweeteners. We believe it's important to broaden the conversation about food consumption. Visit Best Food Facts to learn more about agricultural transparency.
Are my products still in date or expired?
As a general guideline, our products are best if used within 18 to 36 months from date of manufacture depending on storage conditions. Seneca Foods Corporation is starting to voluntarily place the best by dates on our packaging to make it easier for our consumers. Our products should be stored in a cool, dry place. We do not recommend consumption of expired products.
Example can code:
The second position in the code (7) indicates the year the product was packed (2017). Our canned fruit and vegetable products have a three year shelf life through the end of the third year. The product listed above would expire on December 31st, 2020.
Canned fruit and vegetables: 3 years
Acidic products (ie: sauerkraut, pickled beets, as well as any items packed in glass jars): 2 years
Cups: 2 years
Pouches: 18 months
- What is the refrigerator life once a product has been opened?
After opening, remaining product should be stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator and consumed within three days. Pickled items may last longer, but it all depends on the amount of times the container is opened and exposed to air and bacteria. If there is an off appearance/odor, we recommend disposing of the remaining product.
- Are Seneca Foods products Gluten-Free?
Processed with very few additives, which are listed on our labels’ ingredient statements, the majority of our products are by nature, gluten-free. Any questions regarding gluten content of a particular product can be answered by contacting Consumer Affairs.
Do your products contain allergens?
As required by the Food Allergen Labeling and Consumer Protection Act of 2004, all allergenic ingredients, regardless of the amount or function in food, must be listed in the ingredient statement on the label. The major allergens (also referred to as “The Big 8”) include: milk, eggs, fish, crustacean shellfish, tree nuts, wheat, peanuts and soybeans. Sometimes “spices” or “natural flavoring” terminology may be used in the ingredient statement. Corporations use these terms to protect proprietary recipes, however, if any of the above allergens are present in these “spices” or “natural flavorings” they must be clearly listed in the ingredient section.
- Are your products produced in the USA?
- A great majority of our fruit and vegetable products are grown and packed in the USA. If a product is imported, the packaging will state the country of origin.
Ordering and Sales
What are the minimum or maximum product quantities that can be ordered from Seneca?
- Customer Pick-Up (Minimum): 1 layer
- Customer Pick-Up (Maximum): 43,500 lbs. (Product Weight)
- Seneca Delivery (Minimum): 5,000 lbs.
- Seneca Delivery (Maximum): 43,500 lbs. (Product Weight)
How much lead time does Seneca need for product shipments?
- Standard: 3 business days
- Print Wrap: 5 business days
- Modular Pallets: 15 business days (Exception is Libby’s pallet 003710000112—3 business days)
- Shippers: 30 days
Can purchase orders for Branded items be combined with Private Label?
Yes, but purchase order information must be submitted on the order(s). We will then combine into a single shipment.
Does Seneca support a 100% match policy?
We are a publically traded company and need to be compliant with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Therefore, purchase orders must have a 100% price, promotion and item match to be accepted. Failure to meet these requirements results in a rejected purchase order.
What is the Seneca promotion process?
Any promotion will be accrued, as long as it is not requested as an off-invoice on the incoming order.
How does Seneca ship its products to my destination?
We use the most efficient ways to ship products by truck, rail, intermodal and container, taking environmental impact into account.
How do I get in touch with the Seneca warehouse where my order originates?
The best way to get in touch with our warehouse leaders is by phone.
- Baraboo, WI (General): 608-356-3919
- Baraboo, WI (Custom): 608-477-2682
- Blue Earth, MN: 507-526-7810
- Buhl, ID (Seed): 208-490-3226 / 208-543-9299
- Buhl, ID (Frozen): 208-543-9349
- Cambria, WI: 920-348-2205
- Clyman, WI: 920-696-3930
- Cumberland, WI: 715-822-2181
- Dayton, WA (Seed): 509-520-3045 / 509-382-8312
- Geneva, NY: 315-781-0674
- Gillett, WI: 920-855-6463
- Glencoe, MN (General): 320-864-2224
- Glencoe, MN (Frozen): 320-864-2274
- Janesville, WI: 608-757-6017 / 608-757-6723
- Lebanon, PA: 717-675-2515 (x104 or x125)
- Leicester, NY: 585-658-2211 (x249)
- Marion, NY (Can): 315-926-6707 / 315-926-6708
- Mayville, WI: 920-387-7230 / 920-387-7253
- Modesto, CA: 209-572-5788
- Montgomery, MN (General): 507-364-8243 / 507-364-8268
- Montgomery, MN (Frozen): 507-364-8254
- Oakfield, WI: 920-583-3039
- Payette, ID: 208-739-4481
- Princeville, IL: 309-385-4301
- Ripon, WI: 920-745-3119
- Rochester, MN (General): 507-280-4569
- Rochester, MN (Frozen): 507-280-4561
- Sunnyside, WA: 509-837-1811
- Yakima, WA: 509-834-2932
Does Seneca use a business transaction data pool?
Yes, we subscribe to 1WorldSync to make shipment logistics more efficient between Seneca and your company.
What is Seneca’s 1WorldSync Global Location Number (GLN)?
Our GLN is 0037100000029.
Does Seneca have Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) capabilities?
Yes, we implemented EDI to ensure seamless file sharing between your organization and our team.
Who is Seneca's Transfer Agent & Registrar?
Computershare is our Transfer Agent and can be contacted at:
Computershare PO Box 250, College Station, TX 77842-3170
(800) 622-6757 (US, Canada, Puerto Rico)
(781) 575-4735 (non-US)
- When is the Annual Meeting of Shareholders held?
- The Annual Meeting of Shareholders is held in August every year, usually at our office in Marion, NY.
How can I obtain a copy of your Annual Report?
Where can I find the current year's Annual Report on Form 10-K?