Baby Beets & Greens Salad
- Products in this Recipe:
- Prep time:
- 8 min.
- Cook time:
- Total time:
- 8 min.
- 6 Servings
- 1 (16 oz.) jar Baby Whole Pickled Beets
- 2 tbsp. lemon, lime, or orange juice
- 1 tsp. lemon, lime, or orange zest
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 0.25 cup olive oil
- 1 (10 oz.) package mixed salad greens
- 0.5 cup dried apricot springs, cut into 1/4" wide strips
- 4 oz. goat cheese log
- 0.5 cup toasted almonds, pecans, or pistachios, finely chopped (optional)
Drain beets; reserve 2 tablespoons liquid in small bowl. For dressing, whisk together beet liquid, lemon juice, zest, salt and pepper, as desired, then whisk in oil. Make Nut-Crusted Goat Cheese Rounds by cutting six 1/4" thick rounds from cheese log. Coat rounds with nuts; double if desired.
Divide greens among 6 salad plates. Top with beets and apricot strips. Place 1 or 2 goat cheese rounds on each salad, as desired. Pass dressing.