Baby Beet & Tortellini Appetizers
- Prep time:
- 24 min.
- Cook time:
- 10 min.
- Total time:
- 35 min.
- 36 Servings
- Ingredients (Paragraphs)
- 1 (16 oz.) jar Baby Whole Pickled Beets, drained well
- 1 (9 oz.) package refrigerated tortellini, any variety
- 0.25 lb. prosciutto*, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. prepared vinaigrette
- 2 medium bell peppers, cut into 1" pieces
- Fresh herbs (parsley, basil, chives, or thyme)
Drain beets well; discard liquid. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water and drain again. Meanwhile, cut prosciutto into 1x3-inch strips. Wrap one strip prosciutto around tortellini; skewer with appetizer pick. Brush lightly with vinaigrette. Add one piece of bell pepper and one baby beet to skewer. Repeat until all beets are used. Arrange on serving platter. Sprinkle with herbs.
*Thinly sliced strips of deli smoked ham or turkey may be substituted for prosciutto.