Beet & Bean Salad with Warm Basil-Bacon Dressing
- Prep time:
- 7 min.
- Cook time:
- 8 min.
- Total time:
- 15 min.
- 6 Servings
- Ingredients (Paragraphs)
- 1 (16 oz.) jar Sliced Pickled Beets
- 1 (19 oz.) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10 oz.) bag Italian salad mix
- 0.25 cup celery, chopped
- 0.25 cup red onion, chopped
- 0.5 cup prepared basil pesto
- 0.25 cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- 0.25 tsp. ground black pepper
Drain beets, reserving 1/2 cup liquid. In large bowl, combine beans, salad mix, celery, and onion; mix well In small saucepan, combine reserved beet liquid, pesto, bacon and pepper. Heat through, stirring occasionally, without boiling. Add drained beets to salad mixture. Pour dressing over beets; mix gently but thoroughly. Serve immediately.